“First In The Field”
Welcome to the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry Association website. The PPCLI Association is a member-centric organization, formally organized under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act).
The Mission of the PPCLI Association is to provide a means for serving and former serving members to continue the close supportive relationships forged during service, while supporting the interests of the Regiment, its soldiers, veterans and their families.
The objectives of the Association (in order of priority) are:
- Foster and maintain the spirit of the Regiment by perpetuating the comradeship and close supportive relationships formed amongst all ranks both while serving in the Regiment, and after release or retirement;
- Provide support to assist released and retired members who served with the Regiment and their families; widows and children of deceased members; and in exceptional circumstances, to serving members and their families;
- Provide administrative support to the Hamilton Gault Memorial Fund Student Bursary program;
- Preserve Regimental history through the creation and maintenance of significant Regimental memorials and support of the Regimental Museum and Archives;
- Provide support to PPCLI-affiliated Army Cadet Corps;
- Promote public awareness ad support of the history, heritage and tradition of Service to the Nation; and
- Establish cooperative and supportive relationships with other veterans’ and charitable organizations which share comparable and compatible purposes and values.
The Association’s purpose is to preserve the bonds of comradeship amongst all Patricias, past, present and future.
- We do this regardless of age, ranks held, or time in the PPCLI;
- We provide opportunities for members to promote a unified regimental spirit;
- We assist Patricias in need through the Volunteer Patricia Program (VPP); and
- We contribute to the perpetuation and celebration of our regimental history, heritage, traditions and values.
Who can join?
- All former members of the PPCLI, including members of former units that were absorbed into the PPCLI;
- All serving members, including those that transferred to another trade;
- All members of the Canadian Armed Forces who at one time were attached or served with the PPCLI; and
- All spouses, partners, widow(er)s, their children (18 years and older) or grandchildren of former and serving members.
ONCE A PATRICIA, ALWAYS A PATRICIA
Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry Association
Corporal Charles Gordon Kennington (IIPPCLI Ret’d) With heavy hearts, we say goodbye to Charles. He passed peacefully away on December 1st, at the age of 61, with the love of his life by his side. He leaves behind with precious memories his loving wife Dawn, his...
12 FEB 1921 - 30 NOV 2023 (102)2 PPCLI IT IS WITH DEEP SADNESS WE ANNOUNCE THE PASSING OF JACK ON THURSDAY NOVEMBER 30TH, 2023 IN HIS 102ND YEAR. JACK WAS SURROUNDED BY FAMILY ATHOME IN MARKHAM. HE WILL BE DEEPLY MISSED BY HIS LOVING WIFE, BARBARA ROSE OF 721/2 YEARS....
The three volume history of The Canadian Army in Afghanistan is available for free pdf download at: The Canadian Army in Afghanistancanada.ca