“First In The Field”
Welcome to the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry Association website. The PPCLI Association is a member-centric organization, formally organized under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act).
The Mission of the PPCLI Association is to provide a means for serving and former serving members to continue the close supportive relationships forged during service, while supporting the interests of the Regiment, its soldiers, veterans and their families.
The objectives of the Association (in order of priority) are:
- Foster and maintain the spirit of the Regiment by perpetuating the comradeship and close supportive relationships formed amongst all ranks both while serving in the Regiment, and after release or retirement;
- Provide support to assist released and retired members who served with the Regiment and their families; widows and children of deceased members; and in exceptional circumstances, to serving members and their families;
- Provide administrative support to the Hamilton Gault Memorial Fund Student Bursary program;
- Preserve Regimental history through the creation and maintenance of significant Regimental memorials and support of the Regimental Museum and Archives;
- Provide support to PPCLI-affiliated Army Cadet Corps;
- Promote public awareness ad support of the history, heritage and tradition of Service to the Nation; and
- Establish cooperative and supportive relationships with other veterans’ and charitable organizations which share comparable and compatible purposes and values.
The Association’s purpose is to preserve the bonds of comradeship amongst all Patricias, past, present and future.
- We do this regardless of age, ranks held, or time in the PPCLI;
- We provide opportunities for members to promote a unified regimental spirit;
- We assist Patricias in need through the Volunteer Patricia Program (VPP); and
- We contribute to the perpetuation and celebration of our regimental history, heritage, traditions and values.
Who can join?
- All former members of the PPCLI, including members of former units that were absorbed into the PPCLI;
- All serving members, including those that transferred to another trade;
- All members of the Canadian Armed Forces who at one time were attached or served with the PPCLI; and
- All spouses, partners, widow(er)s, their children (18 years and older) or grandchildren of former and serving members.
ONCE A PATRICIA, ALWAYS A PATRICIA
Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry Association
31 Mar 1929 - 14 Sept 2023 (94) Obituary of Bernard Nelson Cote94 years. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Bernard at Windsor Regional Hospital Metropolitan Campus on Thursday, September 14, 2023. He leaves behind his grieving family - his...
Good afternoon once again fellow Patricias! Attached you will find the writing and submission instructions from Regimental Headquarters (RHQ) for the 2023 Patrician. I would ask that you kindly share this across your branch memberships. A couple of points...
Good afternoon fellow Patricias, As your new National Communications Director, I am writing to you today to invite you and the collective membership to submit articles and photos for the Fall 2023 PPCLI Association Newsletter. The theme this fall is: Marching to...