“First In The Field”
Welcome to the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry Association website. The PPCLI Association is a member-centric organization, formally organized under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act).
The Mission of the PPCLI Association is to provide a means for serving and former serving members to continue the close supportive relationships forged during service, while supporting the interests of the Regiment, its soldiers, veterans and their families.
The objectives of the Association (in order of priority) are:
- Foster and maintain the spirit of the Regiment by perpetuating the comradeship and close supportive relationships formed amongst all ranks both while serving in the Regiment, and after release or retirement;
- Provide support to assist released and retired members who served with the Regiment and their families; widows and children of deceased members; and in exceptional circumstances, to serving members and their families;
- Provide administrative support to the Hamilton Gault Memorial Fund Student Bursary program;
- Preserve Regimental history through the creation and maintenance of significant Regimental memorials and support of the Regimental Museum and Archives;
- Provide support to PPCLI-affiliated Army Cadet Corps;
- Promote public awareness ad support of the history, heritage and tradition of Service to the Nation; and
- Establish cooperative and supportive relationships with other veterans’ and charitable organizations which share comparable and compatible purposes and values.
The Association’s purpose is to preserve the bonds of comradeship amongst all Patricias, past, present and future.
- We do this regardless of age, ranks held, or time in the PPCLI;
- We provide opportunities for members to promote a unified regimental spirit;
- We assist Patricias in need through the Volunteer Patricia Program (VPP); and
- We contribute to the perpetuation and celebration of our regimental history, heritage, traditions and values.
Who can join?
- All former members of the PPCLI, including members of former units that were absorbed into the PPCLI;
- All serving members, including those that transferred to another trade;
- All members of the Canadian Armed Forces who at one time were attached or served with the PPCLI; and
- All spouses, partners, widow(er)s, their children (18 years and older) or grandchildren of former and serving members.
ONCE A PATRICIA, ALWAYS A PATRICIA
Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry Association
PPCLI – Regimental Day Messages
Please see attached Regimental Day messages from the C-in-C and a special combined COR message from both General Romses and General Kennedy. PPCLI-C-in-Cs-2023-Regimental-Day-MessageDownload PPCLI-CORs-2023-Regimental-Day-MessageDownload
Errol Champion Monkley
July 28, 1943 - March 11, 20232 PPCLI Errol Champion Monkley, 79, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, passed away on March 11, 2023, surrounded by his loving family at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Born in Summerside, Prince Edward Island, on July 28, 1943, he was...
Sydney Frost Commemorative Battlefield Tour 16 – 31 May 2024
Please find attached the brochure for the Sydney Frost Commemorative Battlefield Tour. If you are interested, please complete the reservation form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a $500 deposit. You can do an etransfer direct to STI. The cost includes...